Matt Johnson 4.85
Have you wanted to break in to NoSQL but were intimidated by other options? Do you think scalable multi-entity transactions are not possible without a full RDBMS like SQL Server? Fed up with the mapping overhead that comes with ORMs like Entity Framework? Come take a closer look at RavenDB. This next-generation document database was designed specifically with .Net developers in mind. Learn how easy it is to use to add a schemaless, structured data store to your .Net applications.
No prior knowledge of RavenDB or NoSQL is required, but you should have familiarity with C# and general application development. This will be a fast-paced discussion with lots of real code examples. We will cover the following areas, starting from the basic, and moving towards the advanced. There should be something for everyone.
- Document / Entity modeling considerations
- Basic usage of Raven's LINQ API
- Full-Text analyzed searches
- Using Map / Reduce indexes
- Indexing related documents (pseudo-JOIN operations)
- Real-Time Change Notification
- Replicating data to a SQL Server
- Geo-Spatial Search (distance, proximity, polygons, etc.)
- Using RavenDB in a web application
- Embedding RavenDB in a desktop application
- Indexing Word and PDF attachment contents
- Temporal Data Versioning