About the Talk
July 25, 2009 7:05 AM
London, UKLondon, UK
RabbitMQ is a fast, reliable, open source Enterprise Messaging system. If you’re doing high volume messaging and need a high degree of reliability, you should definitely consider using RabbitMQ!
EventMachine is a fast, simple, lightweight event-processing library for Ruby programs. It lets you write network clients and servers without handling sockets- all you do is send and receive data. EventMachine is designed to simultaneously meet two key needs:
- Extremely high scalability, performance and stability for the most demanding production environments; and
- An API that eliminates the complexities of high-performance threaded network programming, allowing engineers to concentrate on their application logic.
In this talk:
- Learn how to process tasks in a distributed environment using RabbitMQ,
- Learn what's behind the asynchronous amqp gem and how it relates to EventMachine
- See some code with EventMachine teasers and learn how to use RabbitMQ to tame your cloud environment.