About the Talk
November 11, 2008 7:00 PM
Aliso Viejo, CAAliso Viejo, CA
Learning about the most significant features in a new release of SQL Server can be daunting work because there are so many new features to examine. This session will detail a variety of the most significant new features from the perspective of a DBA. During the course of this session we will discuss improvements and new features in:
• SQL improvements
• Developer-centric improvements of LINQ and table-valued parameters.
• Reporting Services improvements
• Compression features
• The new spatial, filestream, hierarchyID and data/time data types.
• Security improvements of transparent data encryption and extensible key management.
• Resource governor.
• Audit and change tracking abilities of audit objects and DDL triggers.
• Analysis Services improvements including block computations and writeback
• Multi-server management capabilities of Policy-base Management and streamlined installation.