About the Talk
November 29, 2013 10:00 AM
Abstract: So you have heard of "Code Smells". Did you hear of "Agile Smells"? Yes or No; then this session is for you (us).
In this session, Karthik intends to talk about the very many things that go wrong in companies that attempt to be or become Agile.
But fault-finding is the easiest thing. Can Karthik provide concrete solutions? Yo!, he intends to share the solutions as well for most if not all the problems.
And in same breadth seeks to know what others has to offer from their experience.
Piquing your interest? Are you wanting to get a taste of some of the Agile smells? Below are some of them:
- Belated Stand-ups
- Non-participative stand-ups
- War-zone Retrospectives
- Unfruitful Sprint planning meeting
- Zero-Test development
- Inverted Test Pyramid development
- Gate-keeper QAs
- Hierarchical Roles
- Velocity Driven Development
The purpose of the talk is for the audience to
- reflect on their every-day Agile experience back in their offices,
- help them laugh out their mistakes ,
- carry lesson from the talk in light-hearted, brain-friendly way, and
- finally apply the lessons learnt back in their workplaces