About the Talk
July 22, 2010 11:15 AM
The Wharton SchoolThe Wharton School
Here's a big secret behind achieving web content management success: it's really not about the software. It's all about smart planning and having a strategic vision that aligns with your university's goals, supports your communications/marketing strategy, and satisfies visitors' expectations.
A CMS strategist who also co-publishes the popular CMS Myth blog (www.cmsmyth.com) will provide you with real-world lessons on what works, what doesn't and how organizations cross the chasm from a technology project to a strategic web initiative.
This informative session will cover:
- The strategic planning steps that really matter
- Which of three CMS project types you fit into – and how knowing can help
- The top reasons CMS implementations struggle
- How universities are achieving success online
- Keeping the momentum post launch
- Turning those end-user frowns upside down
This session provides current field research, anecdotes and lessons. The information will be useful at any stage in your web CMS lifecycle – before, during or after a project.