About the Talk
April 30, 2015 3:15 PM
Las Vegas, NVLas Vegas, NV
Protecting your organization from cyber breaches extends well beyond deploying the right technologies. In this session you'll learn about the business and legal fallout from cyber security breaches. These include business disruptions, loss of data/IP, PII exposure, expensive/embarrassing litigation, potentially damaging regulatory inquiries, and compliance actions. We'll examine the negative financial, social and operational impact of high profile breaches such as those affecting Sony, Target, Home Depot, JP Morgan and others. We'll also provide an overview of potential regulatory actions that could be taken by the SEC, FTC, CFTC or Congress, and the business impact of such actions -- extensive document requests, "invitations" to testify, fines and sanctions, and more. Attend this session and you'll learn:
- Best practices for proactive risk management.
- How to create a cyber risk profile to understand where exposures and vulnerabilities are.
- How to align your IT organization with business, legal, and security executives to formulate a definitive incident response plan before a breach occurs.
- How you can customize a training program that empowers employees to be your first-or last-line of defense.
- Ways to assess risks that come with hiring new vendors, M&As, international expansion, and deploying new technologies.