About the Talk
June 4, 2015 1:30 PM
Philadelphia, PAPhiladelphia, PA
Thursday, 1:30 – 4:30 p.m.
So you know how to run an EPUB from your InDesign file. What comes next? This workshop will be a deep dive into some of the more complex issues in reflowable and fixed-layout EPUB. Partly in InDesign and partly in the code, this will be a hands-on look at next-level EPUBs including topics like semantic markup, accessiblity, images, CSS, media queries, navigation, and troubleshooting.
Come prepared to get your hands dirty in messy code – and to figure out how to tame it!
- EPUB3: where are we now? Is there any reason to export as EPUB2?
- What is semantic markup? Tips for exporting the best HTML from ID, and improving it post-export
- Scripts, code editors and other tools
- Building one file to rule them all
- Tools for troubleshooting