About the Talk
April 22, 2015 1:30 PM
Minneapolis, MNMinneapolis, MN
The core model is both a mindset and a tool. The core model helps you focus first on what’s most important to both your business and your users, saving the nitty-gritty of categories, hierarchy, and naming in your information architecture for later. Give your users a clear path that’s aligned with your business objectives and create appropriate content for solving whatever task the user comes to your site to do.
When you follow the core model process, you begin with content that is important both to your business and your users. This makes it easier to involve your stakeholders and collaborate across functional and subject areas. During this workshop, we will break the content and the design into its smallest parts, following the principles of content first, mobile first, and responsive web design.
- How to use the core model within your team or with your client to ensure you create content that fulfills both user needs and business goals
- Ways to use the core model to structure and prioritize content
- How to involve your stakeholders and collaborate across disciplines
- How the core model can be combined with the principles of content and mobile first
- Templates to make it easier to introduce the core model in your own content and design work.