About the Talk
April 23, 2015 1:30 PM
Minneapolis, MNMinneapolis, MN
Stories and storytelling are great tools to help us ideate and conceptualize experiences, blue sky ideas, features, flows, and more. But what's the best way to utilize these tools as part of a holistic design or strategy practice? And once you have ideas, how do you transform concepts into actionable plans and roadmaps?
In this workshop, you will learn how to map, build out, and execute different types of experience stories that solve different problems. Utilizing narrative architecture and the art of storytelling, experience storymapping can help you and your teams go from big ideas to tangible, measurable outcomes.
- What experience storymapping is and why it applies to your work
- How to craft and communicate simple and impactful narratives
- How to use experience storymaps to strategize and execute on feature brainstorms, product roadmaps, design approaches, and more
- How to incorporate rapid storytelling tactics into your workflows, meetings, and projects
- How to quickly and effectively assess strengths, weaknesses, gaps, and opportunities for products, features, content, and functionality.