About the Talk
April 25, 2015 11:15 AM
Minneapolis, MNMinneapolis, MN
Design and UX have won. Companies are building in-house teams like never before. Unfortunately, they're doing so with outdated organizational models, and so are not getting the most out of their design and UX investment (in fact, some companies are getting negative value because of how UX is placed within the organization).
In this presentation, I will use my personal story of growing a design organization from 30 to 60 as a way to explore how to shape organizations to deliver great user experiences. We'll delve into matters of organizational models, team structures, and processes to identify how your organization can be most effective.
- A review of organizational models for design/UX teams, and why the "centralized partnership" is the way of the future
- The qualities of effective design teams
- How to use the Double Diamond process model to communicate the full range of design's impact
- The shortcomings of relying on methodologies such as ‘Lean', ‘Agile' and 'user-centered'
- The leverage that design teams have due to their relatively small size
- Provocative thinking on how product team should be structured in order to deliver great experiences