About the Talk
March 19, 2016 9:30 AM
Chicago, ILChicago, IL
We’ve all been there. You’re a site builder, and you were just shown a new design for article nodes. Within the post you see a visually compelling tapestry of mixed media: text, photo slideshows, columns, dynamic lists, and even full width photos.
The client will love it, but how do you give so much editing power to the end-user without writing custom code for each new post? The answer, my friends, is Paragraphs.
Instead of creating ugly blobs of content within a WYSIWYG body field, end-users can now choose (on-the-fly) between predefined Paragraph Types independent from one another. Paragraph Types can be anything you want, from simple text, or image, or a complex and configurable slideshow.
In this session we’ll be:
- identifying the pros and cons of using this technique
- contrasting this technique with others (including panels)
- showcasing some case studies with interesting examples
- describing the various contrib modules for Paragraphs
- walking through the steps to add and extend your first Paragraph
This session is perfect for:
- Site builders who want to give more power to the end-user.
- Editors and content creators who are fed up with Drupal’s rigid and inflexible content creation process.
- Total beginners who want to be inspired and see what you can do with a fully configured Drupal site using Paragraphs.