About the Talk
June 7, 2016 2:00 AM
United KingdomUnited Kingdom
Salary: Competitive Location: San Francisco, CA, USA Job Type: Permanent, Full time Company: First Republic Bank Updated on: 05 Jun 16
More information about this job:
Overview: The Head of Digital Channels Risk Management is responsible for delivery, maintenance and evolution of an effective program for the identification, measurement and monitoring of risk and associated operating controls related to the department and its digital products and services.
This individual will work closely with managers and teams within Digital Channels, as well as with organizations across First Republic such as Information Security, Vendor Management, Information Services, Audit, Compliance, and BSA/AML, to ensure that sound risk, regulatory compliance, and internal audit processes are in place and maintained in order to manage the accuracy and effectiveness of the Bank’s digital services. The position will also consult to management and product teams on potential risk factors presented in new products, markets and procedures, as well as stay abreast of market trends and developments relative to risk and security aspects of online and mobile banking.
• Consult on potential risk factors presented in new products, markets and procedures, with the aim of reducing risk exposure to the bank.
• Work with Digital Channels managers and product teams to facilitate the completion of risk assessments as required, and oversee the coordination and continuous monitoring of open audit, review, and regulatory issues.
• Serve as the Risk Liaison, the 1st line of defense, responsible for understanding the business unit’s processes and functions and identifying and reporting risks or unusual trends.
• Assist Digital Channels managers and product teams in identifying and addressing control deficiencies that surface as a result of an exposure identified during an investigation, or control issues resulting from either an internal audit or regulatory review.
• Maintain and evolve the Digital Channels Risk Management Playbook, and assist management in ensuring controls and procedures are in place to manage all audit and risk processes/issues.
• Maintain the department’s Risk Management Dashboard and supporting documentation for the ongoing monitoring and reporting of the current status of risk controls, comprised of a number of categories such as Audit & Compliance, Business Continuity, Access & Identity Management, Vendor Oversight, and Fraud Detection.
• Advise managers and product teams in the successful oversight/management of any relationships with 3rd party vendors to ensure a strong control environment is maintained at all times and that risk to the Bank from external vendors is minimized.
• Keep current on market/technology trends and developments relative to risk and security aspects of online and mobile banking.
• Perform duties & responsibilities specific to department functions & activities.
• Perform other duties & responsibilities as required or assigned by supervisor.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
• Minimum of 5 – 7 years of related work experience in at least two of the following areas is required: operational risk, IT audit, banking compliance, fraud prevention
• Minimum of 5 years demonstrated experience in Digital Financial Services system/product development is strongly preferred.
• Excellent presentation skills and the development of related materials
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to collaboratively influence business partners in addressing control issues and business practices
• Ability to handle confidential information in a mature and professional manner
• Adaptability and flexibility
• Team player
• Undergraduate degree required; graduate degree desirable
• Vision must be sufficient to read data reports, manuals and computer screens.
• Hearing must be sufficient to understand a conversation at a normal volume, including telephone calls and in person.
• Speech must be coherent to clearly convey or exchange information, including the giving and receiving of assignments and/or directions.
• Position involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
• Must be able to travel in a limited capacity.