About the Talk
May 25, 2016 12:00 PM
ClearVoice Engineering Lunch & LearnClearVoice Engineering Lunch & Learn
Why do we choose certain tools and architectures? Why does that one developer always nitpick on whether something should happen in a template or a controller?
In this talk, I argue that every single choice we make about the tools we use is a design decision and we, the developers, are the users.
- Treating ourselves as Users
- How we choose tools and architecture
- What makes a decision "good"?
- A primer on mental models
- State & MVVM as a Mental Model
- Quick-and-dirty FSM Primer
- A real-life example
- Some quick definitions
- Somewhat concrete applications
- Data & Behavior
- Ideal vs. Real
- Actual Code Examples