About the Talk
April 2, 2011 12:00 PM
Hilton Austin HotelHilton Austin Hotel
Gone are the days of administering by SSH’ing to machines and running commands. Consistency and scale dictate a programmatic approach to administration.
This talk will be explaining how Puppet works and discussing best practices. While the focus will be using Puppet, the discussion also includes general configuration management and change management practices.
Questions this talk will cover include
- Why configuration management?
- How does Puppet work?
- What does the code look like?
- What are the best practices for scale?
- How should i structure my VCS?
- How to handle dev environments?
- Where does Puppet fit into your infrastructure?