About the Talk
May 6, 2009 8:00 AM
Hamburg, GermanyHamburg, Germany
The following cases by Martin Oetting will be discussed:
- "Stop shouting at your customers. Start listening to them, and they'll absolutely love you."
- "If you want to do viral entertainment, go to Hollywood. If you want to do viral marketing, forget about funky ads and start thinking about your product."
- "For marketing, the most awesome thing about the Internet is not that things can spread virally. The most awesome thing is that the cost of interaction is close to zero and you can turn thousands of customers into close friends."
- "There is nobody on the planet who can guarantee you that an ad will go viral. Nobody. It's all random chance."
The following topics by Sven Markschläger will be discussed:
- A brand is an intangible but critical component of what a company stands for. Scott Davis
- I do not regard advertising as entertainment or an art form, but as a medium of information. David Ogilvy
- If you're trying to persuade people to do something, or buy something, it seems to me you should use their language. David Ogilvy
- The Online-Darwinism: Internet doesn't reward crap. Sven Markschläger
Online virals are much easier to share and ubiquity in our days.
The message is consistent, and not swayed thru the person that tells you the story.
Easier to sick on - rather to plunge deeper.
An online viral is much easier to evaluate and a bit easier to turn-off.
This session will be held in German. Moderated by Sascha Lobo, Riesenmaschine