About the Talk
March 27, 2009 5:30 AM
Schlesinger Library, Cambridge, MASchlesinger Library, Cambridge, MA
In this all-day workshop participants will learn about some tools they can use to create interesting services for the users of archives. We plan to spark your creative thinking for new and innovative combinations of services, using "web 2.0" tools & techniques.
- Web 2.0 definitions and overview
- Tour of how some of these innovative tools are being used by archives around the world.
Tools for building virtual services without being a programmer These days you don't need to be a programmer to create interesting and useful sites on the web. Through demonstrations, examples, and discussion, we'll spark your thinking about how archivists might use these to offer interesting virtual services to their users.
- Flickr and Tagging
- Delicious, Social Bookmarking and RSS feeds
- Twitter and Microblogging
- Tools for creating beautiful visual displays of images
- Tools for collaborative editing: blogs/wikis/Google Docs
- LibGuides - a system that makes it easy to build web sites that contain "web 2.0" features