About the Talk
February 3, 2012 9:15 AM
Dublin, IrelandDublin, Ireland
In your head you've probably called your users a lot of names, but is ‘Hobbits’ one of them?
Thinking about your users as Hobbits can help you frame the use of your website or application and help you put yourself in the user's shoes. Uh, except they’re hobbits, so they’re not wearing shoes.
Thinking about your users Hobbits will help you by:
- Establishing a path through the application
- Creating a call to adventure (even if you work in online banking)
- Showing how to overcome Frodo's (ahem, a user's) refusal of the call
- Introducing a mentor (like Gandalf or Yoda)
- Helping users overcome an ordeal (ordering pizza online counts), and
- Returning as a changed person (ideally changed for the better).